These great cartoon illustrations used throughout the site
are by Ron Lieshman and
available at ToonClipart.com
There are a few ukulele specific documentaries available. The most recent is The Mighty Uke from director Tony Coleman of Tiny Goat Films Ltd.
Here are links to a few others:
- The Mighty Uke: The Amazing Comeback of a Musical Underdog - info below
- Rock That Uke - www.rockthatuke.com
ROCK THAT UKE is a quirkily philosophical cinematic love poem that examines the near mystical allure of the ukulele and the recent wave of alternative and experimental musicians who have taken up the four-stringed underdog of the music world to incorporate it not just into their raucous and irreverent original compositions, but into a counter cultural/post-punk ethos.
- To You Sweetheart, Aloha (PBS documentary about Bill Tapia, Produced by Walking Iris Films) - www.billtapia.com/store.php, Trailer: youtube.com
Here is a listing from the Ukulele Underground forum:
- Heart Strings: The Story of the Kamaka 'Ukulele - info below
- Aloha Uke (Vancouver Ukulele Circle Mini Documentary) - vimeo.com/23290994
- Bill Sevesi's Dream - 3rdpartyproductions.co.nz/sho...sevesis-dream/ (Thanks Eugene Ukulele)
- The KoAloha Ukulele Story, DVD available directly from KoAloha - www.koaloha.com/
- Under the Boardwalk: A Ukulele Love Story
Artist Info click here to show or hide more info
( from artist's site ) - MIGHTY UKE is a new documentary about the 21st Century revival of the ukulele worldwide.
MIGHTY UKE travels the world to discover why so many people of different nations, cultures, ages and musical tastes are turning to the ukulele to express themselves, connect with the past, and with each other. From the Redwoods of California through the gritty streets of New York, from swinging London through Tokyo’s highrise canyons to Hawaii, ukers tell the story of the people’s instrument: The Mighty Uke.
(from their site) - Rock That Uke is a funky, curiously philosophical cinematic love poem that examines the near mystical allure of the four-stringed underdog of the musical world and the recent surge of alternative and experimental musicians on the American mainland who have taken up the instrument and incorporated the ukulele not just into their raucous and irreverent original compositions, but into a counter cultural/post-punk ethos.